Did you know?
- Main Causes of Claims: approximately 76% of (individual) serious illness claims and 66% of (individual) life cover claims were for cancer and heart related illnesses.
- Early Claims: 46% of (individual) life cover claims arose from policies less than 10 years old.
- Young Claimants: 27 was the age of the youngest serious illness claimant, 26* was the age of the youngest life cover claimant, and 24 was the age of the youngest income protection claimant.
- Male versus Female: 77% of income protection claimants were female.
* This statistic excludes any children’s deaths.
The figures above are based on New Ireland Assurance’s claims experience in 2014.